Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Among the things I have to let go of when on coding in a team is the idea of modules staying independent. Other than coding by copying and pasting code and reimplementing things for which there are existing mechanisms, not much bothers me more than entangling modules with dependencies that they really don't need to have. And it's generally also a matter of being ignorant of existing mechanisms.

But all of these things are inevitable. I don't have the temperament for keeping tight-fisted control over a codebase, so I'll just let it go. Despite the corporate propaganda and HR slogans, it's not like I have a real passion for what my employer does. But it'll be on the list in the back of my mind as long as I'm working on the codebase as something that's not right.

No comments:

Post a Comment