Monday, December 28, 2009

There's this integration with an external site that I've had to implement for months, but it doesn't work. It turned out that for the first month or so, the contacts from the external site wouldn't help due to some legal issues. Supposedly, the legal issues have been resolved. I'm not sure that they have or that there aren't other issues, because the contacts from the external site seem to be stonewalling to me. Their response has been to say that since many other clients have been using their site without problems, the problem must be with our client (duh), and suggested trying more things to narrow down what the problem is (without any guidance on what to try). I provided them tcpdumps of what I've tried, and I've been using their staging servers (rather than their production servers), so they should know when and what I tried. One of the responses from their system includes an error id that looks like it has a date and IP address embedded in it, and I imagine that error id could be used to help track down what is going on. However, none of the responses from them indicate that they've even looked any logs on their own staging servers.

I can work on other things, so I'm fine with letting other people worry about why there is no progress on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment