Thursday, May 7, 2009

Half of all my check-ins of the past 6 months have been in the past month. The main reasons are
  • Version 2.0
  • 2 people on the team left
Something else that may be related is that at a recent company meeting, a high-up person said that the development of version 1.0 was too slow and the approach was too conservative.

The advent of version 2.0 meant that version 1.x was branched off, and that management and QA are all focused on that branch. So, when I'm not fixing bugs in the 1.x branch, I can do stuff in the main branch, essentially getting a head start on the stuff planned for version 2.0.

Before the 2 people left, I was not as free to check in anything more than minor changes without having a meeting to discuss what was being changed. And when I did, I got a talking to. One glaring example was when the guy who chewed me out for checking some changes in was the same guy who dropped by my cube the previous day to say that we needed those changes, which, it seemed to me, were fairly simple.

The top changes that I've made in the past month are
  • restructuring some code that greatly increased modularization
  • OAuth consumer support
  • adding localization infrastructure

No comments:

Post a Comment